The time is here again for the Annual Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival to be held at the Balboa Yacht Club June 7 through June 9 2019.
This year in addition to all the wonderful vintage wooden boats to view, free tours are being offered of the famous “Wild Goose”, formerly owned by John Wayne. On Sunday morning June 8, there will be a parade of vintage wooden boats around Balboa Island.
To help you enjoy the festival, a complimentary shuttle service is being offered all day on Sat June 8 from the 1600 Newport Center Drive parking area.
Enjoy the welcoming hospitality of the Balboa Yacht Club:
- View up to 50 classic show-ready wooden vessels on land and in the water
- Purchase delicious food and libations from 11 am to 4 pm
- Tour John Wayne’s yacht Wild Goose
- Enjoy live music by the bay
- Visit exhibitor booths showcasing nautical arts and crafts
- Toy Boat Building Pavilion
- Silent Auction items to benefit Youth Sailing programs
- Sunday’s Wooden Boat Parade around Balboa Island
Bring a sun hat and soft soled shoes. I will see you there.
What are your thoughts?