Here is a short article from the OC Register indicating the improving housing market in the Orange County Coastal areas.
Homebuying up 52% at beach, south O.C.
April 18th, 2010, 7:58 am
posted by Jon Lansner
For calendar month March – freshest numbers from DataQuick — our region-by-region analysis of homebuying shows Orange County slices up geographically speaking this way …
- DataQuick identified 704 homes selling in Orange County’s north-inland ZIP codes in this most recent period, +6% from a year ago.
- Median selling price? $448,000 in these 23 ZIPs. This most recent median price change was +11.0% vs. a year ago.
- Mid-county ZIPs — median selling price $347,000 – had 762 sales, -10% from a year ago. In these 24 ZIPs, the freshets median price change was +7.2% vs. a year ago. Combined, total homes sales in ZIPs in the north and mid-section of Orange County were -2.7% vs. a year ago as homebuying the the rest of the county ran +51.6% vs. 12 months earlier.
- North/mid-county homes accounted for 54% of residences sold in the most recent period vs. 65% a year ago. 460 homes sold in beach cities’ 17 ZIP codes in the most recent period, +47% from a year ago. Median selling price? $701,500 in these 17 ZIPs. Newest median price change was +14.5% vs. a year ago.
- South inland ZIPs — median selling price $521,875 – had 785 sales, +54% from a year ago. In these 19 ZIPs, the latest median price change was +6.7% vs. a year ago.
- All told, countywide sales were +9% vs. a year ago. The median selling price was +12% in the past year.
What are your thoughts? —